Your one-stop for info & updates
are what makes Golden Horizons truly special
Office Closures in December 2022
Thursday December 8th - Office closes at 2:45pm for Safety Committee Meeting
Friday December 23rd - GHEC HOLIDAY PARTY (look out for more details to come!) office closes early at 2pm
Please call the office with any questions, and check back for updates before dropping in.
Covid-19 Updates & Policies
Stay Positive, Test Negative!
As a reminder, please do not report for work if you're feeling sick/think there may be a chance that you have COVID-19. Communication is key! Please update us if you're not feeling well and try to get a COVID-19 test as soon as you can. *Please contact the office if you're having difficulty acquiring a COVID-19 test appointment or at-home kit.
The CDC has recently revised their COVID-19 isolation guidelines for both people who test positive and those who had a close contact exposure with someone who tested positive. Golden Horizons looks to the CDC to provide guidelines for our caregivers and clients to use.
Please note that if you are unsure of what to do in any case, feel free to contact the office at any time 860-388-1788.
Updated CDC Guidelines for EXPOSURE
**COVID-19 EXPOSURE/ CLOSE CONTACT: CDC Procedures* (Updated Aug 22, 2022)
If you were exposed to COVID-19, regardless of vaccination status, follow these guidelines:
- Start precautions immediately – wear a mask as soon as you find out you were exposed. Day 0 is the day of your last exposure to someone with Covid-19. Day 1 is the first full day after your last exposure.
- CONTINUE taking precautions for 10 full days. Watch for symptoms (fever, cough, shortness of breath, etc.) and wear a high-quality mask around others inside the home and in public. If you develop symptoms, isolate and test immediately.
- On Day 6: Get tested even if you don’t develop symptoms. It should be 5 full days after your last exposure. If you test negative, continue taking precautions through day 10. If you test positive, please scroll down to read the Covid-positive guidelines.
**COVID-19 Testing Positive: Procedures* (Updated Aug 22, 2022)
Please contact the office immediately if you receive a positive test result. Visit the CDC website using the button below to confirm current procedures for being COVID-positive.
- If you test positive, stay home for at least 5 days and isolate from others in your home.
- Wear a high-quality mask if you must be others around the house and in public.
- AFTER 5 DAYS: If you had no symptoms, you may end isolation. If you had symptoms, you may still end isolation after 5 days if you are 1. Fever-free for 24-hours and 2. Your symptoms are improving.
- After you’ve ended isolation, when you’re feeling better, WEAR YOUR MASK through Day 10.
Looking for Training?
Thank you for being diligent with your training! Providing our caregivers with paid annual training is something we feel lucky to be able to do. We are all better for it!
Access our caregiver page on training using the link below.