Parmesan Spinach Mushroom Pasta
- 14 oz (400g) farfalle pasta
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 14 oz (400 g) mushrooms, sliced
- 10 oz (300g) fresh spinach
- 1/2 cup (125ml) low-sodium vegetable broth
- Fresh cracked pepper, to taste
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 teaspoon red chili pepper flakes, optional
2. Heat 2 tablespoons of olive oil in a large skillet. Add the mushrooms and sauté for about 3 minutes until lightly browned.
3. Add the chopped garlic and cook for about 30 seconds longer. Then deglaze with a bit of vegetable broth. Reduce the heat and cook for about 1-2 minutes longer. Remove mushrooms to a plate and set aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the spinach and cook for 2 minutes until wilted. Adjust seasoning with salt and pepper.
5. Once the pasta is ready, pour off the cooking water. Push spinach on the side in the skillet and add mushroom back, then put drained pasta in the pan and toss to combine. Add parmesan and Italian seasoning and give a quick stir. Serve the parmesan spinach mushroom pasta with red chili pepper flakes and more parmesan, if you like. Enjoy!
Recipe via eatwell101.com eatwell101.com/parmesan-spinach-mushroom-pasta-skillet-recipe