Smoothies are perfect for fitting lots of nutrients into a delicious, easy treat. Blackberries are packed with Vitamin C and are high in fiber and manganese! Just one cup of blackberries contains half of your daily value of Vitamin C! This, coupled with the mood-boosting and potassium-rich benefits of the banana makes for a nutritious and delicious duo for your smoothie! Plus, it’s packed with protein and would make a filling breakfast or snack.
Blackberry Bliss Smoothie
- ¼ cup blackberries
- 1 medium sized banana
- 2 tbsp almond butter
- 2 tbsp oats
- 4 ice cubes
- 1 cup almond milk
- ⅛ tsp almond extract (for a sweet nougat flavor)
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 tbsp sliced almonds
- ½ tbsp chia seeds
- Add the banana and berry smoothie ingredients to your blender. If the blackberries are frozen, add a little less almond milk to start because they have a little more liquid in them. You can always add more almond milk to make it creamier.
- Pulse until smooth and creamy.
- Pour into your favorite glass or travel cup, garnish with additional blackberries, sliced banana, and sliced almonds, if desired, and enjoy!
Recipe via divinelifestyle.com https://divinelifestyle.com/blackberry-banana-smoothie-recipe/