Managing Dementia during COVID-19
- Place signs next to sinks to remind them to wash for 20 seconds with soap. You can also have pictures to show proper technique.
- Hand sanitizer is an easy and effective alternative to hand-washing if getting to a sink is challenging.
- When possible, ask pharmacists to maximize prescription refills to reduce number of trips as possible.
- Avoid visitors as much as possible. The more people that come in the house the greater risk of transmission.
- Create alternative plans incase primary care or other health services become closed.