The National Council on Aging's website lists 6 steps to reducing falls. Click/Tap on "Read More" to review a quick reference list.
- Enlist their support in taking simple steps to stay safe.
- Discuss their current health conditions.
- Ask about their last eye checkup.
- Notice if they’re holding onto walls, furniture, or someone else when walking or if they appear to have difficulty walking or arising from a chair.
- Talk about their medications.
- Do a walk-through safety assessment of their home.
- Past falls
- Hazards in the home and community
- Problems walking
- Balance problems
- Improper footwear
- Chronic diseases
- Multiple medications
- Poor vision
- Memory problems
- Behaviors like rushing
Something to Note - A Very Important Date:
- Safety Webinar: June 27th at 3:00 PM ET
- To Register Click/Tap on Title:
“You Have the Power to Prevent a Fall”