This March, we’re excited to share some of our favorite delicious and nutritious recipes with you on our Golden Horizons blog! To kick off the month, our first recipe is our Blackberry Bliss Smoothie. Smoothies are great ways to pack in a lot of nutrients and protein into a refreshing and yummy treat.
Here are some ideas on how to celebrate National Nutrition Month! Challenge yourself to incorporate as many of these tips as you can into your daily routine.
- Include healthful foods from all food groups.
- Learn how to read Nutrition Facts Panels.
- Take time to enjoy your food.
- Choose healthful recipes to make throughout the week.
- Practice proper home food safety. Go through
- Try new flavors and foods.
- Reduce/minimize food waste.
- Consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN) to receive personalized nutrition advice to fit your unique nutritional needs.
Everybody is unique in their nutritional needs, so it can be a good idea to consult a Registered Dietitian Nutritionist (RDN). Talking to a RDN can be an accurate way to get advice on what your specific body needs more of and foods that you should steer clear of.
Be sure to check back on our Golden Horizons blog for more nutrition tips and recipes throughout the month of March!