- Take inventory of their environment - look at cleaning chemicals, doors and windows, work rooms...places that require them to have supervision. Apply locks that can prevent them from getting out, and consider security cameras.
- Make sure all safety alarms are working - carbon monoxide detectors, smoke detectors, Life Alerts, motion detectors to make sure they don't wander off etc.
- Make sure walkways and hallways are clear of all tripping hazards and well-lit.
- The person in charge of medical decisions for the diagnosed person should make sure they receive their flu shot.
- Lock away all medications to keep out of reach.
These are just a few. Visit www.alz.org for extensive information.