- Drink lots of water, more than you think you might need.
- Drink sports drinks/juices to replenish electrolytes and salt that you may lose through sweating.
- Spend time indoors and avoid the heat during the hottest parts of the day, usually between 11am and 3pm.
- When outside, apply sunscreen liberally to protect your skin.
- Wear light-colored, loose-fitting clothing that will not absorb the suns rays.
- Wear hats when outside.
- Wear sunglasses to protect your eyes when outside.
- If you are outside exercising, pace yourself and listen to your body to avoid overheating or overtaxing.
This information, and more, can be found on the National Safety Council's website, www.nsc.org. Stay safe, stay cool, enjoy summer!