Some Caregiver Tips to Ease Things Up a Bit
- Installed fire extinguishers and smoke detectors.
- Lock hazardous areas or cabinets with dangerous chemicals using child-proof locks and doorknob covers.
- Limit access to places with sharp knives, tools or hot appliances.
- Minimize clutter and limit access to stairs.
- Enroll the person with dementia in a 24-hour nationwide emergency response service.
Tips for Caregivers that Maybe Showing Signs of Burnout
First the sign of burnout as per an article by x
- Excessive stress and tension
- Debilitating depression
- Persistent anxiety, anger, or guilt
- Extreme irritability or anger with the dementia patient
- Decreased overall life satisfaction
- Relationship conflicts and social isolation
- WLower immunity and greater need for healthcare services
- Excessive use of medications, drugs, or alcohol
For More Caregiver Tips Please Click/Tap on These Links